Having a comprehensive view of the lifespan of an electronic product, from defining its specifications, to completing its design, production, testing, logistics, maintenance, and even the issue of its disposal, allows EsiWelma to account for all potential requirements of a product as early as its design phase, thereby limiting the level of risk of the client for whom the company is designing.
Particular care is given to defining a product’s specifications, taking into consideration the current demands of the market, the requirements of the distribution chain, and the concrete needs of the end user, so as to neither “over” nor “under” develop the product in terms of technology and functioning, in order to avoid introducing unnecessary risks and expenses.
Analogical, digital, and combined solutions are normally used, keeping the department up-to-date on manufacturing technologies and on the evolution of electronic components. Extensive experience with a variety of microprocessors and the availability of respective systems of development guarantee that the company will make the best decisions to fulfil its clients’ requests.
Creating products that “communicate” by different means using the main standard or master protocols guarantees that the products will be created in line with the current levels of technology and that the company maintains a proper level of business know-how.
The following stages are integral parts of the design phase:
- Defining product specifications (hardware and software)
- Determining applicable regulations and necessary certifications
- Performing a feasibility study (if requested)
- Performing cost analysis and developing a proposal
- Designing hardware, firmware, and software, including testing procedures
- Designing the final product, including its case, panel, wiring, and any other necessary accessories
- Creating prototypes, testing grounds, functionality tests, and field tests (if requested)
- Developing product documentation
- Developing logistical aids (packaging, labelling, instructions, etc.)
- Providing assistance in product certification and/or branding
- Sending the product into production